Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Seattle Trip in Pictures Part 2

After the Seattle Great Wheel, we got some food and headed back up to the hotel.  I was in dire need of the breast pump and Mara needed a nap. As it turned out, she napped on the way back in the stroller which was fortunate since we didn't have much time before we had to turn around and head back down for the Harbor Cruise.

I don't have many pictures from the Harbor Cruise.  It was very hot on the boat and very crowded. Toward the end of the hour tour I was nursing Mara and she fell asleep.  We waited for everyone to disembark before we did.  The only picture I got was of these 2 giant cruise ships docked in Seattle.

After the cruise, we walked back through Pike Place Market.  We happened across an Asian bakery.  I spied a pack of mini red-bean-paste mooncakes. Ever since reading the book The Moon Lady as a kid, I had wanted a mooncake.  Now it's our tradition to find a mooncake whenever we're on vacation.  Yum! 

We went back to the hotel and just hung around for a while.  Mara played on the bed while my mom and I figured out what to do about dinner.  My mom's feet were very entertaining in Mara's opinion!

We ended up at an Indian restaurant for dinner.  It was my first time eating Indian food and I actually liked it! 

Mara kept herself occupied chewing on the wipes. Lol! 

The next morning we got up, had breakfast and asked for an extended checkout time just in case.  We didn't end up needing it but better safe than sorry.  We were planning originally to walk down to the waterfront and hit up the Seattle Aquarium but when we got down there the weather was so nice that we just decided to walk along the waterfront instead. These photos are from that walk. 

My mom and sleeping Mara, posing in front of the harbor.

Another big cruise ship! 

I could NOT get over the sheer enormity of this boat! That's me posing in front of it!

Mara, on the other hand, was not impressed. Lol.

To be continued in part 3....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics Kate
    You have such a lovely family

    I've always wanted to go to Seattle ever since watching Frasier and Greys Anatomy
    Two of my favourite shows

    Love and looking forward to part 3 x

    ReplyDelete