Tuesday, July 19, 2016

House Is CLEAN

The house is clean (or at least the main floor and most of the upstairs, except Mara's room) and I really should be studying but Mara has been asleep for 2 hours and I need to get her up soon, so I see no point in studying right now.

I feel really drained right now.  Corky and I had an argument last night.  Nothing major, just an argument like couples have, but it was draining and I've felt so beaten down all day.  I didn't sleep well either, which doesn't help matters any.

I've always had a hot temper.  Always.  Ever since I was a little tiny kid.  It was kind of funny because as a young child (toddler all the way through elementary school years) I was so different inside than outside.  If you had looked at me, you'd have seen this petite little blonde-haired kid with big blue eyes.  I was very somber looking as a young child.  I was sparing with my smiles.  I was not overly social and preferred to hang out close to my parents.  I was very active but not a fan of crowds.  I didn't like "people", I liked "person."  But as soon as someone got me angry about something.... oh man.  I had a fiery temper, hotter than any of my friends.  Maybe it's the Leo in me but once I get fired up about something, I'm a goner.  My fuse is short and it doesn't regenerate fast.


Age 2

eating a cupcake, 3 years old

3 years old, petting a cockatoo in Hawaii


Age 5, end of Kindergarten

6th birthday, July 1993

1st grade, Halloween, age 6


Over the years I've gotten a lot better.  My fuse has lengthened (although when it was so short to begin with I guess that's not really saying much).  My temper isn't as hot.  But it's still there.  And there's only so much I can do with it.  Sometimes I feel like a failure, especially as a mother, when I can't tame it as well as some people think I should.  I do the best I can most of the time.  I'm sure I could do better but sometimes there isn't much I can do except hang on for the ride.

Something to think about, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment