Saturday, January 7, 2017

Another New Year

I cannot believe that another year has passed.  I started this blog at the very end of 2012, and now it is the beginning of 2017!  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd be where I am today.  Mostly recovered.  Married.  A mother.  A personal trainer.  Life is pretty damn good.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table.  It's 2:31pm on a Saturday.  I'm drinking Red Rose tea (with stevia and almond/coconut milk in it), listening to Mara  have milk and cookies and play in her playhouse in the next room, and watching the snow fall outside.  The dogs are in their kennel (Frank is not too happy about that) and all is relatively peaceful.  The only thing that would make it better is if Corky was home from work.

Speaking of Corky's work, we have some pretty exciting news about that.  Starting in February, he will no longer be working at the pet store where he's been for the past 14 years. He will be going into business with my dad, doing house buying, house-flipping, renting, property management and general contracting work.  It's pretty awesome!  It'll be a nice change for him.  And on top of that, he gets NORMAL work hours (9-5), NORMAL work days (M-F), NORMAL amounts of vacation time (more than 2 weeks per year!) and BETTER PAY.

We want to expand our family in 2017.  Hopefully that will be able to happen.  But with Corky working what was pretty much a dead-end job, that wasn't really in the cards.  Well, now it is.  So fingers crossed that it all pans out.

We're all doing fine.  Mara is now 2 years and 1 month old.  Talking in full sentences, mostly potty trained and doing well in preschool.   She is doing gymnastics once a week and loves to go swimming occasionally.  She think jumping off the side in her floaty vest is the most awesome thing ever.  

Corky is preparing to leave his job, as I mentioned, and plays pool in a Masters league on Sundays.  He is pretty good at it.  He's currently studying for his general contractors license, which I'm sure will be a snap for him.  In his spare time (what little of it he has) he likes to take extremely hot baths with eucalyptus and bath salts that make the whole house smell like menthol. Lol!

I'm working away.  Teaching Zumba, strength formats and bootcamp.  Working hard to get a personal training job soon.  Cross your fingers for me, I might have one lined up here in a few weeks.  We'll just have to see.  Other than that, my hobbies include talking to myself (since no on else listens), making food that nobody eats and cleaning up after everyone.

The dogs, Frank and Abby, are fine.  Frank went to a 3 week boot camp for dogs, came back MUCH BETTER, but still needs work.  He's recently regressed with the house-breaking thing.  So currently he's whining away at me from the kennel because I can't have him out running around when I'm not right on top of him.  Abby is a crotchety old bat.  LOL!  She's only 5 but she's such a scrooge.  She growls at Frank when he tries to play with her.  She still loves to run and fetch at the dog park though.  Funny how suddenly she CAN run when we're there, but when we're home and I say, "Abby, come!" she sloooooowly lopes over.  Crazy thing.

All is well.  Can't wait to see what this year will bring for our family!

Happy 2017!!!! Wishing you all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment