Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Happy 4th (and other things)

I've really been giving some thought to abandoning this blog and starting a new one instead. The theme of this one (the name, for example) just doesn't seem to fit with my life anymore. But at the same time, the metamorphosis of me as a person is documented here - and it's not done yet! - so I'd hate to erase that and lose it all.  This blog has a history, that's for sure.  It's established and I have followers here, so why change that?

Yesterday was the 4th of July everywhere, Independence Day in the USA.  We had a pretty low-key day.  Corky worked in the morning, I ran a couple errands, made some patriotic rice krispie treats.  


Then in the afternoon, while Mara napped, I worked on a scrapbook of my best friend's bachelorette party which took place last Saturday (7/1/17).  Just a couple more pages to go.

At 4 o'clock, we went over to my parents' house for a BBQ.  They have a big trampoline, a bunch of very prolific blueberry bushes, a pet rabbit and a giant yard for Mara to play in.  We brought her water table, filled it with the hose, put her in her swimsuit and let her play to her hearts content.  She jumped on the trampoline, picked blueberries and played chase with Grandma and Papa for hours.  After dinner, Corky, my dad and I took my dogs to the dog park while Mara hung out at the house with my mom.  When we got back, it was after 8:00pm.  My mom made coffee and we all waited for it to get dark so we could light off some small fireworks.  Mara liked them but she wasn't a fan of the big ones going off nearby.  We didn't make it home until quarter to ten!  Luckily Mara had taken a long nap earlier in the day.

This morning, unfortunately, Mara woke up at 6:15am, after a super late bedtime.  So this morning has been fun, to say the least.  She's incredibly irritable and blows up over every little thing.  Her ears seem to not work when she's tired so listening has been a problem.  She's been in time-out half a dozen times and it's not even 9:00am yet.

I have been feeling really sick the last couple days.  Baby is kicking fine, but I have a pain in my belly.  It seems too high to be baby related but I'm not sure, so I'll call the nurse line when they open at 9.  I thought maybe I had a stomach bug but now I have no idea.  Better safe than sorry.

Mara posing in front of a statue in Tualatin, OR

Mara and her dinner.

Life is good when Grandma and Papa have a trampoline!

Mara on our back deck playing with her water table

Me and my 18 week baby bump



2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear u had a nice day,u daughter is growing fast..hope u do OK with pregnancy..dobu still have u birds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear u had a nice day,u daughter is growing fast..hope u do OK with pregnancy..dobu still have u birds?

    ReplyDelete