Sunday, March 11, 2018

The End Of Winter (Picture Dump)

I had this plan about how I was going to write some deep, meaningful blog post about parenting and all that but... you know what? It's been a long day.  A long week.  A long winter and my brain is tired.  So I'm going to do the easy thing instead.... 

A PICTURE DUMP! Woohoo!

Rather than putting these chronologically (because that would be hard!) I'm going to do them categorically.  Starting with...

Mara
Mara helping me make mashed potatoes
for Shepherd's pie one night.  The stove was NOT
hot, despite the red burner.  I had literally turned on
the burner half a second before this picture was taken.
I don't let my 3 year old near hot stoves, but since we were
just going to put the potatoes in and be done, I figured it was fine.

"Ma, stop kissing me!"

Mara got this set of blocks from my parents (I mean
Santa) for Christmas.  It comes with this little pamphlet 
thingy that shows you all these different things you can build.
We built this one evening while Corky was putting baby Orion 
down for bed.  Not sure what it is.. we used the tricycle because the 
floor was uneven and the blocks wouldn't stay standing up. Lol! Hey, it works.

With a bit of help, Mara wrote her baby brother's name. :)




We had some snow here in February.  Not common but not
unheard of either.  Mara and I went down to the park to play.  

A couple of notable things happened for Mara recently.  One is that she got her hair cut! Her best friend has short hair like this and Mara had been asking for matching hair for a while now.  So one day we went to Great Clips and voila! 
Another notable thing was that she went to the dentist!
It's funny because she looks so angelic in this picture, right? Well
this was just about the only time she sat still.  We waited almost an hour
for the dentist and she was ALL over the place.  Using the dental chair like
a jungle gym.  Grabbing all the instruments.  I texted my mom "SOS!" She did
pretty well with the dentist though.  Let him get in her mouth and everything! Her 
teeth also checked out well, so we just need to go back for an Xray soon and that's it!
This picture is significant because the blue bowl she is playing with 
signifies that she was sick at the time.  She actually had strep throat but 
we didn't know it yet. Her fever was so high that she felt nauseous, hence 
the bowl.  Even with a 103 degree fever, she was still happy, upbeat and playing
as is evidenced by the fact that Goose (the bulldog) is taking a bath in the (clean, 
unused) barf bucket.  She was a total trooper and is still being really good about her meds.



The next category we'll go into is....

Orion

Since I'm suuuuuuper lame and missed both Orion's 2 and 3 month photos here on the blog (second kid problems) here are his photos from those two dates.  February 1st and March 1st.  Notice how both pictures have a "just Orion" pic and an "Orion and Mara" pic.  Cute.



I tried to give him a paci one day.
Obviously he was not impressed with it.

My little sweet boy.

The other week we took the kids to a Mexican
restaurant.  It was Orion's first time and I think he
found the experience very riveting.  Hats suit him, right?
Little baby squish.


Mommy's mini-me.


It's really cute to watch his personality develop.  He's seeming more and more like a "real boy" every day.  

My kids are very different, at least that's how it seems.  

Mara is extremely independent.  Bull-headed and irrational.  Smart and caring.  Clumsy and impulsive.  She is quick to ask someone if they are okay when they fall and also quick to tell someone that they can't be her friend anymore when they say something she doesn't agree with.  She loves her baby brother and simultaneously finds him incredibly irritating.  She is so smart, loves to do her alphabet workbook and is ALL ABOUT playing pretend.  She will play in her bedroom for up to an hour by herself, making up games and stories and worlds for her dolls.  

Orion is, in a word, sweet.  At least to me.  He's a momma's boy through and through! We call him the Boob Goblin because he absolutely refuses a bottle and just wants it straight from the tap.  As long as my boobs are nearby, he's a happy boy.  He doesn't even have to be drinking from it! He's happy just to cuddle with it and coo at it.  His favorite napping spot is belly-to-belly with me, latched on and "sipping".  We refer to that as "boob cuddles."  He smiles and giggles and trills when he sees me.  He also adores Mara.  His favorite sound to make is, "agoo" and Corky jokes that Orion is practicing for his starring role in a production of "Much Agoo About Nothing." Lol!

For the last part of the picture dump, here are some pics of my two kids together.




No comments:

Post a Comment