Monday, February 27, 2017

Flu

This past weekend, my friend C came into town to hang out with us and do a Zumba Jam session here.  Actually she had one up in Seattle area on Saturday and then one here on Sunday.  I was supposed to drive her up to Seattle and back on Saturday, but that didn't happen because I have the flu.

I am SO MISERABLE.  I went to urgent care on Saturday and got a prescription for Tamiflu and phenergan with codeine (for the cough).  So achy.  High fever.  Coughing.  Chills.  Sweating.  YUCK!  This is the first time I've ever seen (or experienced) the flu shot failing.  I get a flu shot every year because my dad is immune suppressed from his kidney transplant.  

Thankfully Corky was off Saturday and Sunday and could mind Mara and help C with stuff because I literally couldn't get out of bed. 

Today is the first day I've left the house since Saturday morning.  I drove C to the airport, and I'm utterly exhausted.  Haven't been able to leave the couch since I got home.  I'm so tired, my head is all foggy (not sure if that's flu or codeine or the fact that I got my period on top of all else).  Can this week just be over now?

2 comments:

  1. Sry u feel so lousy I very been watching u utube trying 2 get caught up I admire your courage 2 tell u story of ed in my day wt my ed I was shunned from drs my therapist ddint no how 2 deal wt me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait for the next youtube update!

    ReplyDelete