Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sleep Regressions (Or Something)

I am literally at my wits end right now.  I was tired when Mara was a newborn.  I was tired when she was an infant.  But I was really hoping that by now, when she's 2.5, that I'd be somewhat less tired.  

Apparently not.

She has been waking up a zillion times per night for the last several weeks.  Last night was probably the worst.  By the time Corky and I finally went to bed (at around 10:30), she had already been up three times.  By the end of the night, she'd been up SEVEN times.  

And then... Frank, my boxer, started.  He's been waking me up earlier and earlier every day for a while now.  But this morning he decided 5:28am was a good time for a wake-up call.  I  literally slept MAYBE a total of an hour and a half last night.  And for the maybe three weeks preceding this, the most I've slept in a night is maybe 4 hours.

This cannot go on!   What the hell is happening?? They say there's a 2 year sleep regression but she's way past that.  I don't understand and I don't know how to fix it!

1 comment:

  1. Poor you!
    When she gets up, and tou put her vack to bed, do you talk to her? "Supernanny" Joe Frost has this technique where you don't talk to the child, apparently interaction fuels their motivation to not go to sleep. You just gently and quietly put her back to sleep.. There are videos about this on YT.
    It half-way works for us with our 3-y old.. half-way, because his daddy likes to talk to him.. Our child has trouble falling asleep at night but then usually sleeps through the night.


    ReplyDelete