Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Random Medical Stuff

This is going to be a really random post about various and sundry medical topics.  Several things to mention:

1) I got my period.  For about 24 hours!  But that's more than I've had in 3 and a half years.  Not sure how I feel about it.  I said to Corky at dinner, "how interesting is that, the very last chance my body gets to show me what it can do before we get married, it does it??"  It's hard for me to describe the feelings that flashed through me when I realized what was going on.  Sadness, fear, relief and irritated, to name a few!  It turns out that, speaking of blood, there's some weird things going on with my labs so.. it might not mean anything or it might mean something.  Hard to know.  

2) My iron is low.  Low might be an understatement, actually.  My ferritin (storage iron) is down from 19 in May to 13.  The range is 10-291.  My naturopath put her thumbs under my eyes and pulled the lower lids down and looked at the inside pink bit.  Except it wasn't pink, it was whiter than the whites of my eyes.  My resting pulse was over 100 because my body can't get oxygen.  Which actually explains a lot about why I feel so crappy.

3) My blood pressure is all screwy.  Last week, on Wednesday, my blood pressure was 78/46.  That was interesting.  Today it was 88/56.  Better.  But I still don't feel too hot.  

Sorry.. I actually meant this post to be longer but I am exhausted... 

No comments:

Post a Comment