Saturday, May 24, 2014

South Dakota Pictures May 18-May 21

Here are some pictures from my 2-day South Dakota trip the other day, NOT including the tornado in Denver, CO on the way back (see previous post "We All Hid in the Bathrooms" for the story on that one!)  Enjoy the randomness that is Vermillion, SD! Lol.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Travel

Our first jet, Portland to Denver.  This poor little plane got 
buffeted by the craziest winds and wake turbulence
on the way into DIA.  We landed with a thud and the 
flight attendant said, "Everyone okay?"

I do love a cute little CRJ.  It had 2 rows of 2 seats.  The guy
behind me really reeked of booze.  Ew!  This plane
was also absolutely FREEZING cold.

This is the best tea EVER!  Decaf cinnamon rooibos
tea from Caribou Coffee (in the Denver Airport)

The 2nd plane, an Embraer-something.  Even smaller
than the CRJ!  One row of one seat and
one row of two.  That's my mom at the
very left edge (blue fleece).  Unlike the
CRJ, this plane was really hot!

Monday, May 19 - Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Grandma's House

Found this fossil in Grandma's den (aka my bedroom).
Look how old this thing looks! And yes, you know
I did go play with it right after this.  
Five, six, pick up sticks.

We gave Grandma the choice of where to go to
lunch on Tuesday.  She picked Dairy Queen.  
Of course!  How cute is she??

We went for a drive to the Missouri River.  That's 
actually an island across the way, not the 
opposite bank.  It's really big!
(photo credit: my mom)

Me.
(photo credit: my mom)

I told my mom to pose and this is what she did.  LOL!


Pano from the dock.

Found some old photos.  This is me at around age 3.

4th grade school photo (age 9.)  I don't look 
very happy!  And I actually remember
that T shirt.  I loved it.

Wednesday, May 21 - Travel
(this was the day of the tornado)

Another little Embraer-something.  This little thing got
us to Denver just in the nick of time to avoid flying
through the thunderstorm that dropped tornadoes 
and hail on us a little later.


At the Sioux Falls airport, I was sleepy and laying on 
my bag.  Can you believe I have the ability
to pack carry-on?? I do!


Those are Dramamine pills.  I don't often get airsick,
but with my stomach being not quite right from the
pregnancy, I thought it best not to take chances!
Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment