Sunday, June 29, 2014

Look At It This Way

I'm finding that, when it comes to saying something to somebody about being pregnant, there are generally 2 kinds of people: people who say nothing about it, or people who say everything about it!  

Most people I come across belong to the first category; they don't say anything about my fairly obvious baby bump until I bring it up, and then they might ask a polite question or two, but that's about it.  I would be one of those people too.

Today I was at the mall with Corky, and when it was lunch time, Corky wanted "mall food."  Well, you might imagine that I'm not a huge fan of "mall food,"  but the mall does have Jamba Juice, and that is something I can go for!  

As the girl behind the counter was pouring my Make-It-Light Mango-a-gogo, she said (more like shouted over the blenders) conversationally, "So when are you due?"  

I blinked.  Like I said, most people belong to the first category of people, the people who don't say anything.  It seemed overly bold of this young girl, all of maybe 18 years old, to ask me that.  For a second I thought, "aw man...."  Obviously I'm pregnant now.  Big belly.  Whoopee.  

But then I thought, wait a minute....!  Isn't this actually a really great thing that just happened?  I'm 4 and a half months pregnant now.  I've had several people tell me that when they were at 4 and a half months, they were still in that Is-She-Or-Isn't-She-Pregnant stage.  But I'm obviously pregnant enough that this girl noticed.  Which means that I must still look pretty small all over except for my belly, right?  So this is actually really GOOD news!

"November," I answered her.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"  She jammed a straw into my smoothie.

"I think it's a boy, but I'll find out in about a week.  My husband thinks its a girl."

She handed over my smoothie.  "Everyone I know who was pregnant had boys within the last year.  Weird huh!  Well, congratulations and have a great day!"

You know what?  I think I will have a great day!



happy sunday!!! xoxo :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Kate
    I'm glad you were able to turn the situation around
    I hope the pregnancy is going well

    Take care lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooo I'm like starstruck that you commented here again!!! Thanks doll <3 Means a lot. xo!

      Delete