Friday, December 12, 2014

2am

Something about being awake in the middle of the night always makes me feel like the only person left on the planet.  Except, in this case, for my daughter.  The world sleeps peacefully while I'm feeding this sweet little creature who depends solely on me, typing one-handed on my phone.  

I'm exhausted.  I just want to sleep!  But baby's gotta eat and nobody can feed her but me.  I guess Corky could feed her formula but why would we do that to her when my body produces the perfect food for her? Breastfeeding hurts like hell sometimes but it's the best thing for her so I don't mind the pain too much.

Corky went back to work this past Tuesday. You'd be amazed (if you've never had kids) how tiring it is to be alone with a baby all day! 

The eating disorder thoughts are so bad and so loud.  I lack the energy to write anymore about that just now. 

1 comment:

  1. *hugs*
    Keep hanging in there sweetheart.
    I have no knowledge on pregnancy or babies, but would one of those breast milk pumps help? I don't know what the pain difference would be like, but it would at least allow Corky to be able to feed Mara breast milk while have a rest.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete