Friday, May 29, 2015

6 Months - Good Job Mama

Miss Mara Soleil turned 6 months old last Saturday.  I realize that was nearly a week ago and I've been slacking on my timely posting of her monthly pictures but.... I have a 6 month old who is extremely wiggly, active, alert, busy and almost always AWAKE! Lol.  It's hard to find time to do a lot of things. Like clean, cook and sort through our massive piles of stuff to get ready for this garage sale we're having on June 12th. 

Anyway, here is Mara's 6 month picture and stats from her doctor appointment yesterday:
Weight: 20lb 4.5oz
Length: 27.5 inches
Head: 44cm
Mara likes solid food. Her favorites are mum-mum, oat cereal, apple, apple/mango/carrot, blueberry and peach.  She can sit up by herself for long periods of time. She doesn't roll much but is starting to attempt to army crawl.  She loves baths, nursing, stroller rides and pulling mommy's hair.  She has 2 teeth and chews on everything!  Generally she is a happy baby and sleeps well.  We are so blessed and we love her so much! 
Smiling at herself at the doctors office yesterday. 

In other news, my mom, Mara and I are going to Seattle, WA next Friday (one week from today). That should be fun.  I haven't been to Seattle since last year when I was pregnant with Mara but didn't know it and I was soooo miserable.  I'm positive this trip will be better!  Also, 61 days til our Connecticut trip end of July. Yay! 

The title of this post says "Good job Mama" because people keep saying that to me when they find out how big Mara is!!  I guess I can see why... I do have to work hard to keep my supply up and nurse her all the time but... it still feels weird when people say that.  I'm like, "I did not do anything! She is just growing!" Lol.  It seems odd to me that peoples' first reaction when they find out her size is to comment on what a good job my boobs are doing! (Currently "dairy cow-ing" as I type). 

Busy morning. Taking Corky's car to Kia to get a new windshield as an early first Father's Day present for him.. His has had a giant crack all the way across it for over a year and it drives me crazy!  For one thing, it's not safe! For another thing, when I drive his car it's difficult for me to see because the crack is right at my eye level. It doesn't bother Corky as much because he's like 7-8 inches taller than me, so he can see right over it but I can't.  Then take him to work, drop Mara at my mom's, go teach Zumba and then pick Mara up.  Then when he's off at 5, pick him back up because he won't have a car.  Whew!  Not as busy as Wednesday when I had a PT appointment, a chiropractor appointment and had to meet the appraiser at the condo we are renting out.  And all of that AFTER teaching Aqua Fit at 9!  I didn't stop moving like the entire day lol.

Including today, 3 more days of May! Wow!!! Where is the time going?  Mara will be one before I know it. 
Little creature after her bath, posing with mommy. :) I love her so. 



1 comment:

  1. Awwww your daughter is so freaking adorable! Love that picture of her sitting up on the table. She has such a sweet smile. :)

    ReplyDelete