Thursday, November 26, 2015

Mara's 1st Birthday (and Picture Dump)!

Well, it finally happened.  My sweet little baby became my sweet little toddler!  How is that possible??  Where did the time go?  How do I not have an infant anymore?

Oh, but I am so in love with my girl.  She is spunky, stubborn, smart as a whip (no, I'm not biased or anything!), beautiful and sweet.  I have never known a love like the love I have for my kid!

Her actual birthday was Monday, the 23rd, but we celebrated the day before so that all her grandparents and aunt and uncle could come.  We didn't have a huge party, just a little family shindig, but she got some awesome presents!  (Mom-fail though, I didn't get a picture of all the gifts!  Bummer!  Oh well, I'm still new at this whole mom thing, so maybe next year I'll have my sh*t together! Haha.)

But first, I want to share these 2 pictures.  

The day before her party, we went to a baby shower for my longtime friend.  It was a tea party theme, so cute!  So we dressed up for the occasion and Mara just looked so beautiful I had to take photos.


How cute is she??  Seriously! I can't handle it!

Okay, these next pictures are from Mara's birthday party, pre-cake.


She stuck a whole melon ball in her mouth!  It was hilarious!  Of course I jumped up and got it out before she could choke on it, but it was so funny because normally she is so wary of food that isn't bread-like. Funny girl.
Mommy hanging out in Mara's new play tent.  LOL!
Don't judge!  I was tired! Haha.

Mara investigating her new tricycle from my parents.

Okay, now for the cake pictures.
Eyes on the prize!


Yeah, she went straight into the bathtub after this! 

The birthday collage I put on my Facebook.  Love my little bug!
I can't believe she's ONE!  I can't believe she was ever as tiny as she was
in the upper right picture! Lol.  Seems like a dream, but she was!

Now for a few random pictures that weren't numerous enough to make their own post about, so they're being tacked onto the end of this one. :)

On Mara's actual birthday, November 23rd, we went to take a piece of her birthday cake to our favorite lactation nurse.  Seriously, this woman is an angel.  If it wasn't for her, I'm certain I wouldn't still be nursing today.  She is the kindest, most compassionate person.  Thank goodness for her!  Anyway, Mara loves her (as you can see) and she was teaching Mara the importance of always matching your nail polish to your outfit.  Love her!

Here are some random pictures of my sweet girl.


(We were out for a walk with her new trike and her hands were cold, 
so I gave her my gloves LOL!)

And, last but not least, a few pictures that aren't of Mara.


Favorite outfit at the moment.

I'm just gonna leave this here....


HAPPY THANKSGIVING USA!!!! :)






2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures Kate
    And happy birthday to baby Mara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, she's so adorable! Happy birthday Mara!

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete