Saturday, May 12, 2018

Hawaii 2018 - Day 2

I mentioned in my last post that the weather wasn't stellar in Hawaii.  This turned out to be a good thing since Orion can't have sunblock on him.  The sun did shine here and there (and the last day was gorgeous) but mostly it was overcast.  I know the sun can burn you even when it's overcast, though, so I was pretty careful to make sure Orion was covered during the times of day when the sun is the strongest.

Mara fell asleep at dinner the night before, so when she awoke (at 5:30am, thanks time change!) she was ravenous.  Still wearing her swimsuit top and shorts, she sat on the couch and ate her leftover pizza from the night before.  Thankfully our hotel room had a refrigerator so we were able to put her food in there.
After Mara had her pizza and both kids were dressed, we headed out for a walk to find an ABC store and get some groceries and foodstuff for the room.  We also decided to wander around the property a little. It was only about 6:00 in the morning at this point so the grounds were fairly empty.  It was drizzling but that doesn't bother us Oregonians LOL!



Later in the morning, after breakfast, we all decided to head to the beach.  My sister and Corky wanted to snorkel and Mara wanted to play in the waves.  Orion and I went along so he could stick his feet in the water for the first time.

Orion's feet touch the pacific for the first time.

Mara running to her daddy in the water.

You should know it takes a fair amount of guts for me to post any swimsuit pics anymore! Lol.


Oh buddy.

A few more random pics from Day 2:





I love this one.  Orion went to my parents' room for a while so I could try to take a nap.  He fussed a bunch and then fell asleep like this.  I texted my sister to ask how he was doing and this was what she  sent me by way of an answer.  Hahaha.  Poor buddy just couldn't hang. :) 






1 comment:

  1. Glad you posted a swimsuit photo- pushes me to do the same. Post baby body following ED recovery has not been ideal for me

    ReplyDelete