Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Hawaii 2018 - Day 3 & 4

The third day I don't have many pictures from.  In fact, I only have one.  After my mom and I went paddle boarding, my dad rented a car and we all piled in and drove to Alan Davis beach.  My sister wanted to go there because she heard there were rocks you could jump off into the ocean.

After an emergency potty stop at a Taco Bell, we arrived at the turn off for the viewpoint and beach.  It turned out to be like a 3/4 of a mile hike to the beach from the parking area.  Orion fell asleep on the way there and woke up just as we parked.  I hadn't been expecting to have to walk very far so I hadn't brought the Baby Bjorn or even a stroller.  So I ended up hiking a total of a mile and a half holding my gigantic 5 month old.

The beach was pretty.  If the weather had been clearer it would've been even prettier.  I filmed my sister and Corky jumping off rocks into the water while my mom entertained Mara near the shore and Orion hung out with my dad.  

Towards the end, my mom and Mara and I all waded out into the water and jumped waves.  My sister caught a picture of the three-generation event.

The following day, Mara wanted to go paddle boarding with me. 



Mara wanted to paddle :)

While Mara and I paddled, Corky and Orion hung out on the beach.  Orion was wearing his adorable little dinosaur shirt again and everyone was swooning over him on the beach.  When we finished, I took Orion back to the hotel to nurse down for a nap and Corky took Mara back out on the paddle board.  Orion fell asleep on the walk back to the hotel.
Poor little dinosaur couldn't hang.

My parents and sister took Mara on a hike in the woods later that afternoon.  Mara walked the entire 2 miles!  While they were gone, Corky and I gave Orion a bath.


After bath time, Corky and I put Orion in the Baby Bjorn and went to the International Marketplace.  There we bought Mara and Orion little Hawaiian outfits.  The kids were happy to model them for us once Mara returned (and took a shower - she was filthy!)



That night, we cooked dinner in my parents' hotel room.  My sister made this Caprese chicken recipe and noodles.  It was so good.  Mara devoured an entire bowl of it and had ice cream for dessert.  This was a Friday and the hotel does a fireworks show every Friday night.  Everyone else went to view the fireworks and get ice cream while I took Orion back to the room and put him to bed.  It was another great day. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment