Saturday, June 30, 2018

End of June Picture Dump

I haven't blogged much of substance this year.  Mostly picture dumps and such.  However, I feel like it's worth pointing out that I've already exceeded the number of posts I made in all of 2017 and it's only June 30th.  So that's something, right?

A lot has happened this summer thus far.  So I'm going to do my usual thing and drop the pictures below and caption them.  I'll try to group them together in a somewhat correct chronological order, but no promises.  Not that you guys would know anyway. ;)


Dance Recital - June 24, 2018


Mara had her first dance recital!  It was done through a mobile dance company, meaning the teachers come to the school/establishment to do class rather than the kids going to a studio. Mara LOVED it.  It was a legit recital!  Dress rehearsal, costumes, the works!  Mara wasn't feeling her best (more on that in a minute) but she rallied and did a great job.  Her class danced to Deep in the Heart of Texas and it was pretty much the cutest thing that ever happened.  So proud of my little dancer, Miss Mara Soleil!

Speaking of little miss.... she had a nasty scooter accident on Friday, June 22.  She went too fast down a hill and crashed, leaving her with a lot of gnarly road rash and a massive sore in her mouth from biting through her lip.  She was SO brave and such a tough girl.  The worst part for her was actually having to pull the bandaids off to clean the owies.  Once that part was done, she was fine!  The cut in her mouth turned into a massive canker sore which is still bothering her a tiny bit, making eating tough, but aside from that she is basically all healed now!  Poor little thing.  She's a trooper.

The night of the crash. Check out all those bandaids!

Next day.  Poor thing.

Orion
Mister O is almost 7 months old.  He's doing great.  Super sweet and growing like crazy!  He just had his 6 month appointment mid-June and is the size of an average 15 month old.  Lol!  Love him so much.  Here are some pictures of him.  Beware of his cuteness!






Selfies
I'm not even going to apologize for these.  For one thing, hardly anyone else ever takes pictures of me, so if I want any I have to do it myself.  Second of all, I see nothing wrong with feeling happy with how I look and wanting to document it.  Considering I have a HEALTHY body now and I don't always like how it looks, I feel like it's even more worth it to take a picture when I do!  Anyway.  Here are a few selfies.
This one was actually taken today, 6/30.  Pardon my messy countertop.

At the ice rink during Mara's skating lesson.

All black for working backstage at Mara's dance recital.



Abby
I got a few good pictures of my little brindle beauty this month.  She's usually not very photogenic or is just being an antisocial grump. Lol.  


These last 2 of Abby look as though they don't even contain Abby!  But that's just the thing... she's the master of camouflage.  FIND THE FRENCHIE! :)






Pancake Adventures!
Over the last month I've been making Mara a lot of pancakes.  It's one of her favorite foods and since her scooter accident, she hasn't been able to eat crunchy things very well.  So... here are some of the pancake shenanigans we've been up to recently!








Randoms

Mara doing chores.

Oregon summer.

Miss Sass eating grapes.


Whenever I go to put Orion down for a nap, Abby always pushes the door open with her nose, comes in and makes a nest in the blanket or whatever is lying on the floor.  She's so sweet.  She loves Orion.








No comments:

Post a Comment