Saturday, December 15, 2012

Faith

Greetings...

...from my bed.  This week has been so insane that I can't even drag my sorry ass out of bed yet, and it's almost 10am.

Okay, let's start with the obvious thing:  what in the name of god is happening to our country??  Jesus Christ, maybe the world really is  ending next week!  The last 12 months, I swear, have been littered with more and more insanity and tragedy than I can remember from the last 10 years of my life.  People eating dogs, people eating people's faces, hurricanes blasting through cities, football players killing others and themselves.  Then in just this past week, two awful shootings.  

One in my city.  One across the country from me.  Both horrible.  Both committed by power-hungry young men who are killing themselves and taking innocent people with them.  What on Earth is happening?  

More tragedy - this time personal.  My cousin died late Wednesday night.  Nobody is really sure what happened, but to me it sounds like she had a heart attack.  I'm no doctor, but from what I heard... that's what it sounds like.  She was only 33.  I know she had an eating disorder.  And I'm thinking oh my god, what if that had been me?  

Yeah, that smacking sound was reality slapping me in the face.

1 comment: