Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Oscarina the Grouch

I am so irritated!

This happens to me from time to time.  Okay, more like all the time.  I've always been a very irritable person.  Add to that the fact that I have sensory "issues" (meaning certain sounds/textures/sensations that I absolutely abhor) I get flat out bitchy sometimes.  Okay, maybe more like all the time for that one, too.

The biggest problem sound for me is lip smacking.  I should just say mouth sounds in general, but smacking is really the biggest one.  Unfortunately for me, my dog's licking/smacking habits seem to have changed almost over night!  All dogs smack, it's just a fact.  Don't ask why I wanted a puppy - I don't know either!  That's why I like my pet birds... they don't have lips.

Anyway, the dog used to chew minimally, which was a relief for two reasons.  One, it meant she didn't smack as often as a dog who is constantly chewing and two, it meant our possessions were more-or-less safe.  However, over the last two days, Abigail (the dog) has decided it's necessary to walk around licking her chops constantly, and that it's very important to lick and chew every piece of lint, dirt etc that she finds on the carpet, and that it's absolutely imperative that she chew on a bully stick or himalayan dog bone at absolutely ALL times!  I am about ready to throw myself off a bridge here.  To make matters worse, I can't find my earphones so I can't put my iPod in to drown out the sound.  

Yesterday in the car was bad.  I was running errands with Abby and I was about to crash my car because her smacking was so bad.  I couldn't turn on the radio because she's afraid of it. She doesn't like music when she can't figure out where it's coming from and my car stereo seems to stump her time and again.  So I couldn't do that because she'd start shaking and whining and barking.  So I had to put up with her licking and smacking for an hour.  By the time I got home I was THISCLOSE to a break down.  So I went to Zumba.

Always a good alternative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment