Saturday, July 26, 2014

Too

Geez I'm apparently short on words these days.  Sorry!  The days just tick by one after another and I really have less time than I think I do.



Anyway!  I saw this pic on facebook this morning and I loved it.  I was JUST talking to my sister about this yesterday.  About how when I was a kid I was always getting blamed for stuff and told I was "too ____" (insert adjective.)  Too loud.  Too mad.  Too difficult.  Too angry.  Too sensitive.  You get the idea.  If I had a dollar for every time a therapist told me to count to ten or punch a pillow, I'd have my baby's college fund all set by now.

As I got older, and those adjectives didn't change, I started feeling even worse!  What is WRONG with me?  Why can't I just be like everyone else? Why does everything have to be so HARD all the time?  Those are awful thoughts to think, and I thought them every day.

But then this weird thing started happening... I didn't change those things (I couldn't really!) and do you know what?  People liked me anyway!  People liked me in spite of (or maybe because of?) my outspokenness, my temper, my fierce loyalty, my sensitivity, my ability to pick up on others' feelings.  And I started to realize that those things are what make me ME.  And people like ME!  So why should I feel so bad about that?  Maybe I wasn't "too ____" for the world, maybe the world wasn't _____ enough for me!

In other news, baby Mara is 23 weeks today. :)  Everything is fine.  Have a great weekend!!! XOXOXOXOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment