Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sick, Pain, Anxiety and L&D in Hawaii

Short post, probably.  I'm exhausted.

Wednesday morning I started having cramping in my lower back, and a little in my abdomen.  I thought I was just "backed up" if you get what I'm saying.  It didn't really go away, though.  Then this morning I woke up at 4:30am with horrible cramping pains in my mid-upper stomach.  Honestly it felt like when I used to abuse laxatives.  Mara was kicking though, so I wasn't too worried...

... until my entire digestive tract from the navel down decided to empty itself!  THAT was not fun.  It happened twice more after that too.  I managed to fall back asleep until about 8am, and when I woke up I could tell I had a low-grade fever.

At breakfast I wasn't hungry.  I called the advice nurse after breakfast, at the urging of my parents, and of course she told me to go be seen at the ER just to make sure nothing was happening.

Went to the ER, monitor hooked up, and Mara was kicking like crazy!!  The nurse even said at one point, "You are such a wiggle worm!  Your poor mommy!"  Lol.  Her heartrate was a pretty steady 150bpm and she looked great on the ultrasound.  She weighs 2lb 13oz!  Nobody could figure out a real reason for my back pain though, except to say "it's normal pregnancy pain."

I am not convinced.  Maybe it is, and maybe I just have a touch of a stomach bug too which is causing abdominal discomfort.  I really don't know for sure.  All I know is that I'm in agony but I don't care at all and would gladly deal with this pain until November as long as Mara is okay.  Love that little girl. :)

1 comment:

  1. Being sick while pregnant is the worst. I'm glad that everything went fine and that she is a healthy weight. =)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete