Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Picture Dump and Some Thoughts :)

I had an OB appointment yesterday.  Everything was fine, the heartbeat was good, my weight was fine (apparently, since nobody said anything), the Physician's Assistant that I saw instead of my OB was really nice.  On that note, it's a good thing I'm not attached to my OB!  He's literally always busy!  They called me the other day about my October appointment, telling me that he'd be out of the office that day.  Months in advance! Lol.  Oh well!  His Physician's Assistant is really great, so I don't mind seeing her every time.

Anyway, she went over the signs of preterm labor with me.  Things like spotting, bleeding, fluid leakage, more than 4 contractions in an hour, things like that.  I read up a little bit on it when I got home, like the things that increase risk of preterm labor and stuff like that.  I don't think I'm at too high of risk for preterm labor because all the causes listed don't apply to me - except for MAYBE one: a physically strenuous job.

I'm not too worried about that because yes, I teach Zumba which is hard work, but it's only for an hour at a time.  And I don't double up on classes to teach in one day anymore.  I think they're talking more about like hours on end of physical labor, which I don't do.  But it did get me thinking about when I should stop teaching Zumba.

I cannot deny that it's getting  a little tiny bit harder to teach a full class  I do get tired.  I do get out of breath.  I do get a little bit achy (although I try not to complain about that too much.)  My plan at the moment is to stop subbing classes in September.  I have several sub jobs lined up throughout most of August until I go on vacation at the end (the 25th.)  Then, as I feel it's necessary, I'll give up my classes one by one, in the reverse order that I acquired them.  Then just stop altogether.

Ideally I'd be teaching up until the day I deliver, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen!  I do, however, plan to be working out until the day I deliver.  I mean, really, what else would you expect from me? ;)

Okay, so here's a bunch of pictures for you!  First, the BABY BUMP pics and other baby related stuff:
Baby Mara 22 Weeks

Baby Mara 24 weeks :)

My toes are gone!!!

Mara's closet thus far - a girl's gotta have her 
clothes! Might I add that I love everyone
for giving us so many hand-me-downs!
Spoiled little girl of mine. :D

BEFORE

AFTER 
(sorry bad lighting. It's blue/green)


Now some random pics, one of me and the rest from the internet:

Can you see me now??

I really love this.  I try to remember that I don't
have to be strong and upbeat absolutely ALL
the time.  It's okay to be sad and scared
sometimes.  But I can't spend all my 
time being sad and scared or else I
would never get anything done!

Zumba!

I sent this to Corky while he was in Las Vegas for
work at the end of July. LOL!

And last but not least, my very very favorite:




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. I love seeing the baby bump pics. A few of my friends have had kids in the last few years and never shared any baby bump photos. And her closet! Spoiled! :)
    I'm glad to hear everything's going well. I think you're doing amazingly to still be teaching Zumba as it is, but you know your body best and I know you'll keep yourself & baby Mara safe.

    Take care <3 xx

    ReplyDelete