Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Be Grateful

One of my besties texted me this morning asking me to sub her Zumba class tomorrow.... because she got hit by a car in the parking lot of the gym last night.

OMG!!!!!!

So freaking scary!!!!

And I was feeling so miserable because Mara had been up basically all night with teething pain and therefore I was up too.  I was feeling pretty sorry for myself (and let's face it, there was some reason for it) but when she texted me all I could feel was grateful.

Grateful she was okay.
Grateful it wasn't me or anyone in my family.
Grateful that the guy who hit her stopped and helped her.
Grateful that she asked me to sub for her (kind of an honor).

And it made me think about the night I just had (which was following a day when I didn't feel great), up with a whiny, fussy, boogery Mara.  

Yes it sucked.  Yes it was difficult.  Yes I'm very tired.  Yes I'm sore (my neck is cricked, that rocking chair is not comfy to sit in for more than 20 minutes).  But my baby snuggled with me for such a long time... that does not happen often.  She is so busy and so wiggly and so active that she almost never snuggles.  But last night, when she was in pain, she wanted Mommy.  

That makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Such a positive post to read :)

    Also, I watched Devil's Pass today. I wasn't too sure if I was watching a doco or a thriller/horror or a reenactment! Definitely going to do some more reading into it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete