Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dilemma Follow Up

This decision isn't set in stone yet but we have made a tentative plan for Mara's preschool.  

After much consideration, we decided to pursue the expensive preschool.  Here are the main reasons why:

1) It actually isn't THAT expensive.  When I did a little more looking around, I found that the "expensive" one we were looking at was actually not atypical - the "inexpensive" one was!  There were 2 other preschools I was interested in and one was more expensive by about $30 a month and the other was only about $10 less per month.  So... it was not the exception, but the rule.

2) Mara likes it.  She was not as comfortable in the other two schools.  She was hesitant, shy, and clung to me, whereas at the "expensive" preschool, she was running off to play by herself within 2 minutes of arriving for the open house.

3) I like the people better.  Everyone I met at all four schools was nice, I just like the people best at this particular school.

4) I managed to get the price reduced a little.  By going for two half-days instead of three, I knocked about $220 off the monthly price.  Still expensive, but better.

5) Mara will be going to public school for kindergarten and onward, so I won't have to pay tuition for that.  I feel it's worth it for her to get a decent foundation in the world of learning.

So that's where our thought process went.  Mara's currently on the waitlist, hoping to begin her in May in the 18-24 month classroom.  If there's no room for her by May, we'll start her in November in the 2-2 1/2 year old classroom.

So excited for her!  She will have a blast!  She's very social and very independent, so I think it'll be good for her (and for me.)  Love that little bug of mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment