Thursday, April 19, 2018

BEDA Day 18 - Pump

Well I missed BEDA day 18 by 3 hours. Close enough!

The other day I bought myself a manual breast pump. My electric one works fine but sometimes I want to be able to pump a little more quietly and also not be tied to the wall. My electric pump does have a battery pack but it kills batteries in no time and the suction isn’t as good. So yesterday I tried  out the manual for the first time.

OMG.

I discovered that if I hold the suction for like 5-10 seconds, a TON of milk pours in! It’s not exactly comfortable to do but it’s kind of awesome.

In other news, we are running a 5K on the 22nd. I’m pretty stoked. Yesterday the weather was nice so instead of the gym I went for a run from my house to my parents house. I was hoping it would be about a 5K but it turned out only to be about 2.4 miles. Still I held my pace and it was a definite improvement!

These last few BEDA posts have been done on my phone so they aren’t as elaborate as the ones I do on the computer. The computer is charging, though, and I’m pumping on the other side of the room. So here’s hoping for BEDA Day 19 to have some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment