Monday, January 14, 2013

Heart

I've Got a Stutter

Well, I don't.. my heart does.  It's like it has the hiccups.  It doesn't hurt, but it's not exactly comfortable either.  

It beats like this (the xx is the "thud-thud" sound of the beat):

...xx....xx....xx.............XX...xx..xx..xx.....xx....xx....xx...........XX..XX..XX...xx..xx...........xx...xx....xx..

and so on.  

They are called PVC's or Premature Ventricular Contractions.  Apparently it's not life threatening.  But try to tell me that at midnight when I'm trying to go to bed and it's skipping 4 or 5 times per minute and I can't catch my breath!  All the doctors who have ever tried to treat me for it are like "it's just because you have an eating disorder... just eat!"

Well, it was doing this when I was in treatment last November.  It does it every single day!!!  Yeah, it's a wee bit worse when I haven't eaten well, but even when I eat well it still happens.  

It's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment