Sunday, June 23, 2013

2.3 Hours

"60... rotate!"

Today I flew my buddy Al (N20488) for eight-tenths of an hour, bringing me to 2.3 hours completed toward my Private Pilot license.  We did a bit of ground school stuff, an extensive pre-flight, a take off, some turns, ascents, descents (some intentional, some not) and then the instructor landed us rapidly because a rain storm was zooming toward us.  Corky rode backseat.  Al handled like a champ!  

I'm working so hard to overcome my anxiety in the air.  I'm so quick to say, "I can't!"  Fortunately, my flight instructor is just as quick to say, "Yes you can!  You're okay.  You're doing great!"  Slowly I am learning that the airplane is meant to fly, not to fall!  Which I knew already but somehow it's different when I'm the one holding the controls, when it's me keeping us at 3,000 feet!  

Now... I understand that some people find the idea of me flying a plane a little shocking.  I don't look like someone you'd expect to hop out of the pilot's seat of a plane (no matter how small the plane is!)  But... I can do it!  And my flight instructor says that women make fabulous pilots.  :D hee!

Yesterday (Saturday) I went to another Jam Session with C.B. from CuraƧao.  What the ZIN Jammers do is once you confirm that you're going to the Jam, they add you on facebook so that they can kind of recognize your face when they see you.  During the Jam, C.B said to me, "what's your name?"  I said, "Kate."  She said, "Kate! You're the pilot!  And you have tattoos!"  I WAS ELATED!!!!!  Of course she didn't recognize my face.. my profile picture is me from behind, flying Al last week!  I was wearing a racerback tank and you can see my tattoos.  C.B. also said, "and you're trying to quit sugar!  How's that going for you?"  LOL!!!!  She is so funny.


Yes, I can pull the plane!



My sweet babies, Abby & Jax 
6.23.13



No comments:

Post a Comment