Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finals Done

Today was the last exam upon which I will write "Simson" as my last name.  Wow!!! That's a weird thought!

This morning was one of those mornings where Murphy and his damn Law come out and go HI!!!! I'M HERE!!!! IN CASE YOU FORGOT!
Ugh.  My dad came to pick me up at 8:15am because he was giving me a ride into downtown on his way to work (parking on campus during finals week is a stupid idea, so I hitch rides.)    Here is the timeline of today:


  • 7:50am - alarm goes off.  Hit snooze
  • 7:50-7:58am - lie in bed, figuring out what I'm going to wear and where those garments are located (i.e. on the floor in the closet or in the clean laundry bin)
  • 7:59am - drag my sorry ass out of bed and collect jeans, Zumba T-shirt (for good luck) and hoodie from around the room
  • 8:04am - brush teeth, receive text from dad saying "leaving the house now, c u in 10"
  • 8:06am - stumble downstairs, find and take: cleanse pills, Vitamin B complex, and fish oil pills
  • 8:12am - hunt for notebook because final exam is open note
  • 8:15am - receive text from dad saying "im here", stuff keys, wallet, water bottle and sunglasses into bag, put on flip flops and run out the door
  • 8:53am - arrive at dad's office
  • 8:59am - in dad's office, make cup of Yogi tea and prepare to study for a while
  • 9:01am - realize I grabbed the wrong notebook
  • 9:05am - ask dad for car keys, run down to parking garage, get in the car and zoom out
  • 9:10-9:25am - call Corky several times to try to get him to locate the notebook for me.  No answer.
  • 9:31am - arrive home, find that I'm locked out by the deadbolt and the lock is too rusty for my key to work easily
  • 9:34 - finally get in, locate notebook in a box that's in a bag that's under the TV.  Of course!
  • 9:35am - grab keys and run back out the door, realize I grabbed Corky's keys instead of my dad's, run back in and exchange keys, and leave again
  • 9:50am - by the grace of God, arrive back to downtown in record time
  • 9:51am - drive in circles around campus because there are no 3 hour parking spots available and exam is from 10:15am until 11:30am
  • 9:55am - finally find the only open parking space.  It is one hour.
  • 10:05am - run into the student store to buy a scantron for 25 cents.  The lady wishes me luck
  • 10:07am - arrive at classroom
  • 10:08am - use bathroom, crack up laughing over stupid comment on blog (see Last Words)
  • 10:14am - realize I don't have a pencil.  Ask to borrow one from random dude next to me
  • 10:15am-10:50am - rush through final exam, consisting of 30 multiple choice, 10 true/false and a short essay.  Done in 35 minutes.
  • 10:56am - arrive back at car just in time to stop the anal meter maid from writing me a ticket for being ONE F*CKING MINUTE LATE
  • 11:05am - return car keys to dad, fall into a chair and, at long last, pick up my tea.  It is ice cold.

Welcome to KateWorld.  And that was just the morning!!! Distressed was I to come home finally and discover that Corky had left the peanut butter at home.  I absolutely HATE having peanut butter in my house.  The trouble is that I like it so much :(

I've been doing this thing where I'm cutting out artificial sweeteners (or at least most of them.)  They give me headaches and make me retain water and are bad for my brain and so on.  But DAMN I'd give anything for a Coke Zero right now.  Anyway.  That means no Monsters, no diet soda, no FruitWater, nothing like that.  I've been drinking tea and water with lemon for the last several days.  Most of the time the cravings aren't too bad.  Sometimes they are VERY overwhelming.  There is, however, sucralose in my yogurt.  But if I cut that out I'd practically be on Paleo again!  Which might not be an altogether bad thing....

Tomorrow morning is my unofficial "audition" at Ballroom Dance Company.  Wish me luck!  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment