Friday, June 21, 2013

Baby Steps

Good morning!

Happy Friday! I hope you all are going to do something fun.  This is going to be an unusual Friday night for me.  Typically I do nothing.  But tonight I'm going out to 2 different clubs/bars with 2 different sets of friends!  I'm very popular all of a sudden.  I almost never drink, so when I do it's pretty funny.  I have horrible balance when I'm buzzed.  

Anyway, I need to go shopping because one of my heels broke.  Honestly, to whom does that actually happen??  So... oh well.  Lol.

I have been working very hard to cut out artificial sweeteners, and I think I've done a pretty good job.  As I type this I am drinking Yogi tea with no sweetener.  My taste buds are changing.  The other night Corky cut up an apple.  I snagged a piece and popped it in my mouth.  I said, "wow this is a really good apple!  What kind is it?"  He said, "Jazz apple."  I eat jazz apples ALL.  THE.  TIME.  I said, "hmm!  Well this is a really sweet Jazz apple."  Then I realized something.  The Jazz apples always taste like that!  They're always that good, I've just been missing it this whole time because I was deadening my taste buds with all the artificial crap I was ingesting.  The only place I really ingest artificial sweetener (and it's sucralose, not aspartame) is in my yogurt, which I'm also trying to cut down on.  Starting with 2 yogurts per day instead of 3.

Another thing I've started doing is drinking about 4 ounces of Superfood every morning.  It looks disgusting but it tastes like fruit.  4 ounces is about 64 calories.  Which, as you may know, scares me to death because I hate drinking my calories.  But it is full of nutrients and vitamins and, according to my friend who drinks it every morning, it can do wonders for your energy.  Well God knows I need more energy!  LOL!

Tomorrow is going to be crazy as well.  Zumba class, Zumba Jam session, master class, 90 min Zumba party... all after probably having about 3-4 hours of sleep (from being out tonight.)  So... thank goodness for Superfood! lol.  And tea.  Lots and lots of tea.

I have some errands to run and a bunch of work to do today so.. here's a few pictures to amuse you.  Have an awesome weekend in case I don't talk to you sooner! XO

SUPERFOOOOOD!!!!!!

The following 5 pictures are snaps off Twitter and articles
They speak for themselves.

'Merikuh.

Horrors!!

Why does this exist??

EW EW EW EW!!!

Have a little salad with your fat grams, hmm?

And for my PDX homies:


AAAAND me and my crazy hair:



No comments:

Post a Comment