Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sentao

As of today at 4:15pm or so, I am licensed to teach Zumba Sentao.  It was a long day (started at 9:00am) with only a few little breaks, lots of information and a fair amount of actual dancing!  

For those of you who don't know what Zumba Sentao is, it's basically Zumba Toning (self-explanatory) plus a chair.  And that does not mean you sit in the chair and don't workout.  Oh no.  You use the chair to workout!  It's your "dance partner" of sorts.  You dance: merengue, cumbia, reggaeton, salsa, anything!  And then you walk to the side of the chair and do push-ups.  You do Tricep Dips (tricep?  Right?  The one on the back of your arms?)  You do squats next to, behind or in front of your chair.  You do lunges.  Step-ups.  All while dancing next to, behind, in front of, around and even a little ON your chair!  Sound like fun?  It is.  And it's HARD, do not let the chair fool you.  I am sure I'll be sore tomorrow!

I didn't know if I would know anyone at the training.  I was pleased to walk in and immediately see my new friend D, who teaches at Boom with me.  We talked for a bit and then it was time to go in to the area of the giant gymnasium where curtains sectioned off our "classroom."  I was BEYOND EXCITED to walk toward there and see MW!  You might remember me mentioning MW in a previous post (I disremember exactly which one just now) where A, L, L and I went to a Jam Session on 3/3/13.  MM and MW were the ZJ's.  ZJ means Zumba Jammer.  MW IS MY IDOL!!!!! I LOVE HER!!!! SHE IS AWESOME AND BEAUTIFUL AND CONFIDENT AND I WANT TO BE EXACTLY LIKE HER ONE DAY!!!!!  Except, you know, blonde and not Venezuelan.  :)

I got a pic with her.  I was very very very happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment