Saturday, March 14, 2015

Infected

Fair warning: This post talks about boobs.  NOT in a sexual way (get your heads out of the gutter!) but about what they are MEANT to be used for: feeding!  Lol.

Yesterday my left boob hurt all day.  I thought it was just because Mara's been nursing a lot on that side, but then I noticed a sore spot on the inside that hurt really bad to touch.  Not long after I noticed that, I got a sudden fever complete with aches, chills and nausea.  This could only mean one thing....

...mastitis!

Oh man.  Like this is all I need!  Haven't I had enough trouble already with breastfeeding?? Let's add an infection just for fun!  (Click HERE to read about mastitis.)

I called the OB on-call and she prescribed me an antibiotic.  I can't remember the name of it.. it's dioxy-something-cillin.  I've taken 3 doses, 6 hours apart, and so far I'm feeling worse!  I ache all over and I cannot get my temperature to come back down to normal.  UGH!  And of course Mara decided to have meltdown after meltdown all day long.  By the time Corky came home from work at 7:45, Mara and I were rocking in the rocking chair, both of us covered in snot, drool and tears, sobbing.  Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. awww that sucks, get well soon! but I must say I admire you so much for how you manage to deal with all those things, you sound like a most amazing mum :)

    ReplyDelete