Sunday, December 9, 2012

La Catrina

Create.

Tonight... I do not know what came over me.  I opened to a new page in my sketchbook, picked up my pencil and started drawing.  Over an hour later, I came back to reality and stared in shock at my page.  This is what I saw....




....I cannot believe I drew that.  

Funny story about the La Catrina head/face/skull thing.  So I have this skeleton doll that looks like La Catrina that I got at Halloween time.  Here is a picture of it:




Anyway, my dog (an almost 1 year old French bulldog named Abigail) has an aversion to anything that is out of place.  So one night, my fiance was going to take Abigail out to do her business, and I grabbed the skeleton doll and ran outside and put it on the sidewalk in the glow of the streetlight.  I then started taking video on my phone as Abby started up the sidewalk.  She saw La Catrina, standing there, spookier than God knows what, and started doing this warning bark.  It sounds like "Uff!  Uff!  Bah!  Boof!"  Somewhere between a bark and a huff.  So cute.  Eventually she got brave, marched up to La Catrina and, in the process of sniffing it, knocked it over on the sidewalk.  She was very proud of herself.  

Here is a link to the video (sorry it's so dark) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeLyqmBTXwM

And, lastly, here is a picture I captured while walking around downtown in the fall.  Cool, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment