Monday, March 25, 2013

In 2 Days

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill
 
I Wave Goodbye When Butter Flies by Jack Prelutsky

I wave good-bye when butter flies
and cheer a boxing match,
I’ve often watched my pillow fight,
I’ve sewn a cabbage patch.
I like to dance at basket balls
or lead a rubber band,
I’ve marvelled at a spelling bee,
I’ve helped a peanut stand.


It’s possible a pencil points,
but does a lemon drop?
Does coffee break or chocolate kiss
and will a soda pop?
I share my milk with drinking straws,
my meals with chewing gum,
and should I see my pocket change,
I’ll hear my kettle drum.


It makes me sad when lettuce leaves,
I laugh when dinner rolls,
I wonder if the kitchen sinks
and if a salad bowls.
I’ve listened to a diamond ring,
I’ve waved a football fan.
And if a chimney sweeps the floor,
I’m sure the garbage can.



---------------------------------------------

That poem by Jack Prelutsky has been one of my favorites for several years.  It's so funny!  I especially love the last line.  What a hilarious dude.

I also have the entire Jabberwocky poem memorized.  I have a lot of things memorized!

In 2 days, on Thursday morning, my parents, my sister, her friend L, my friend A and me are all flying to Las Vegas.  I really want to lose weight before I go.   Sorry, this post is kind of all over the place.

HA! Corky is cuddling on the couch with Abby (our dog) under a blanket, and he just farted under the blanket and Abby came rushing out.  Must've been a bad one.  LOL!  That reminds me of a funny video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4kyKNNM8Yo

I have a few appointments tomorrow (Tues 3/26) and Wednesday (3/27).  I see my prescriber tomorrow for the first time in like 6 or 7 months.  Hopefully she'll be able to help with my spaciness!  Cross your fingers for me, pleeeease!  I also see my dietician.  Now that will be fun.... not!  I like my dietician, I just don't like seeing a dietician!  She's a nice person though, so that's good.  I don't mind her, just her profession. :)

So... TV show.  "Dark Minds."  Kind of good...?  Having exhausted most On Demand shows and the new season of NCIS not coming out until God knows when, we've been exploring Investigation Discovery.  Lots of murder/true crime shows.  Dark Minds is interesting because the guy (M. Something Phelps or something..) uses "contacts" to help him get "into the mind" of cold-case serial killers.  The twist?  His "contacts" are incarcerated serial killers!!!  They can give insight that might help investigators solve crimes.  Kind of a cool idea!  The "contacts" have code names such as The Raven and Thirteen and their voices are altered.  I think one of them is Joel Rifkin.  I saw a documentary on him and his syntax is similar.  M. Whatever Phelps is kind of obnoxious but... I do like dramas and true crime.  I mean, of course it's very sad that those people are dead.  But.  Anyway.

Speaking of dead and such, for those of you who pray, would you mind very much sending a quick prayer up for my friend A's little cousin?  He got hit by a car in the end of January and his future is uncertain.  Here's a website about him: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/Help-Orest-overcome-his-Tramatic-Brain-Injury/49006
If you're not the praying type, could you maybe just send a good vibe into the universe for him?  He's only seven.  Thanks!

I AM SO TIRED!!!!!!!!!!  I'm just tired.  Totally tired.  My body is like "nope!" whenever I ask it to do anything.  I went to step down a curb earlier and almost fell on my face!  I taught a Zumba class at 4:30pm and then went to A's at 6:00pm.  At a few points I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the 2nd class.  On Wednesday I have to teach the 4:30 one AND the 6:00pm one!  And then go to hot yoga!  That will be a crazy, crazy day.  I also have a doctor's appointment (Naturopath) and a therapy appointment that day.  Starbucks will love me on Wednesday. LOL!  Everyone else.. not so much. 

Goodnight! XO


1 comment:

  1. Hi! So I've been watching your channel on YouTube for a while but I may have missed some videos. I was wondering what is a naturopath?

    ReplyDelete