Friday, March 22, 2013

Weigh Day #3

The number is in.....
....aaaaand I'm good.  Thursday, March 7th, the day before my wedding dress measurements, I got on the scale.  I did it so I'd know just about where I need to stay, weight-wise, in order for my dress to fit in a few months time when it's ready for me to come try on.  So every week, on Friday or Saturday, I drag my sorry ass out of bed in the morning, go pee, and get on the scale.  Just to make sure.

The following week, Friday, March 15th, found me one pound heavier than on the 7th.  I freaked right out.  I was careful that day, and weighed myself again the next morning.  I had lost 0.4lb.  Thank goodness!

Which brings me to this week.

Last night we (Corky & I) went to hot yoga for the 2nd night in a row.  The teacher from the first night, M.E., told us that the first class is the hardest to get through and the second class is the hardest to come to.  She was wrong!!!!! Last night, the second class, was the hardest 90 minutes of my life!  I almost fainted on 3 separate occasions.  It was awful!  Never in my life have I been so sweaty!  I never knew until the last few days that a person could sweat out of their kneecaps! I felt soooooo good afterward though.  Totally cleansed and detoxed.  I came home, peeled off my totally soaking wet clothes, took a long hot shower (because of course by the time you get home you're freezing cold!) and got into my pajamas.  The class was at 8:15pm, so we didn't get out of there until about 10pm.  Of course I don't want to eat that late, so I went to bed feeling totally, completely clean, inside and out.  I didn't eat, and I was scared to even drink any water because I knew I had to weigh myself in the morning.

At about 7:45am, I woke up out of a freaky dream where my sister H was about to die in a fire and I dragged her out in the smoke.  The construction site next to my house was already active, the beeping of huge machines and pounding of hammers echoing through the cold air outside.  I knew it was Weigh Day.  I'd been dreading it all week.  I was so fucking certain that I had gained a ton of weight.  Lifting the blankets off my body felt like lifting the lid of a sarcophagus.  My whole body creaked as I grudgingly dropped my legs over the side of the bed.  The carpet felt like knives.  "I just want to go back to sleep," I whined inside my head.  I felt like I was walking to the electric chair as I slunk out of the bedroom and into the guest bathroom where "The Apparatus" (as my naturopath says, LOL!) is housed.  I peed, flushed, and stared at the scale.  A line from The Princess Diaries popped into my head.  When the Queen is waiting for Mia at the ball, and thinks she isn't going to show up and therefore the Queen has to make the announcement that Mia has chosen not to be the Princess of Genovia, she looks at the clock and says, "Very well.  Then it's time."

"Then it's time," I whispered to myself.  I shed my pajamas, took out my hair-tie, even took off my ring!  No extra weight on me anywhere.  Inhale.  Exhale.  I slowly put one foot, then the other, onto The Apparatus.  The scale burst to life.  Numbers appeared on the screen, changing... changing... leveling out, dropping down a little, going back up a little.  Point 9, point 4 appearing after the number, finally settling on point 6.  Blink.  Blink.  The number blinked up at me, matter-of-factly.  

1.2 lb down from March 7th.  Under the weight where I was measured.  By a whole pound point two.  

Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Weigh day is over for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment