Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Day In The Life

To Do

1) Locate CCJ book (it's somewhere in my house or my car!)
2) Do assigned reading for CCJ (in the book that I currently can't locate.)
3) Do assigned reading for Comm.
4) Post online discussion question for Comm. by 5:00pm
5) Eligibility screening on phone for Eating Disorder study at 2:00pm
6) Go to grocery store.  Buy: yogurt, apples, K-Cups (I haven't had coffee in days!) stuff to make veggie soup
7) Get peanut butter from Corky
8) Make Abigail's dog cookies
9) Unpack suitcase from Vegas
10) Do load of laundry
11) HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!!
12) C's Zumba class at East Portland at 5:00pm OR L's class at 6:00pm
13) Hot yoga at 8:15pm

Mm.. busy day.

Yesterday I did chew & spit for like an hour and fifteen minutes.  My mouth was all cut up from the Bugles.  They're so salty!  Unfortunately I was dumb and forgot the wrappers on the counter so I had to text Corky and 'fess up.

That reminds me.  Shit has been vanishing lately.  Like the other night I couldn't find my iPod.  That would be disastrous for me because I absolutely need it for my job and I don't exactly have $200 lying around to buy yet another new one!  I thought I had tossed it in my purse when I left Vegas but I couldn't find it in there.  I took everything out and spread it on the floor.  There were zillions of gum wrappers, pens, business cards, a zip-lock bag with green tea packets and stevia, makeup, chapstick, keys.... but no iPod.  I turned the lining inside out.  I emptied every pocket.  I shook the damn thing upside down.  No iPod.  I freaked out, threw everything back in my purse and ran upstairs.  As I was frantically rummaging through my suitcase, Corky walked downstairs.  He was back less than a minute later.... holding my iPod.  "Thank goodness!" I exclaimed.  "Where was it?"  He looked at me funny.  "In your purse," he said.  "Right on top."

And like 3 or 4 weeks ago, this happened: I was about to run out the door to teach Zumba.  My Zumba pants that I wanted to wear were hanging on the foldable clothes rack that I set up when I do laundry, because I cannot put them in the dryer.  I took off my jeans, tossed them over the rack, put on my Zumba pants and rushed out the door.  I knew I was going to come straight home and change back into them because I was meeting a friend for coffee after I taught.  I came home after class and.... the jeans were gone.  Not only were the jeans gone, but the 2 Zumba shirts that had been hanging there too were gone!  In a rush, I didn't have time to worry about it so I ran upstairs to find a different pair of jeans to wear.  When I got to my bedroom, I froze.  The jeans and both shirts were lying across the bed.

How did the jeans and shirts get there?  I cannot explain it.  How could my iPod have been right on top in my purse when I just emptied the entire contents of said purse onto the floor and it was not among them?  I can't explain that either.  Corky's explanation of choice is that my eating disorder has affected my brain so much that I'm having short term memory lapses.  That offends me to no end.  I know that the iPod was not there.  And the iPod and the jeans/shirts are not the only items that have done this to me here in this house.  It's completely absurd.

Anyway, it's 10:18am and as you can see from above I have a giant to-do list to accomplish. 

Happy Wednesday xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment