Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paleo Day 1

Paleo "Diet" Days 1 and 2

I put the word diet in quotes because I hate that word.  

While it's true that I am always wanting to lose weight, that is not what Paleo is all about for me.  I have been so sluggish, so achy, so tired over the past few months (about 6 months really) and couldn't really figure out why.  I was talking to a friend and she suggested I try the Paleo "Diet" and see if it helped.  I know another friend of mine who also teaches Zumba had been having trouble with her stomach and with her joints and going gluten free helped her.  

So I read up on it.  Also, I poked around on facebook.  I discovered that several of my friends are actually on Paleo, or mostly on Paleo.  One friend, C, is all about it!  She is very nutrition conscious and teaches NINETEEN hours of Zumba/Yoga/Nia per week.  She's in great shape and her body doesn't hurt her too much.  I thought to myself, why not?

Corky agreed.  Yesterday and today have been mostly on Paleo.  I did eat Greek yogurt which is not on Paleo because it's dairy, but other than that I haven't really strayed.  Okay, okay, I put Truvia in my coffee.  And I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee instead of plain.  But I've cut out pretty much everything else that I'm supposed to.  I actually threw it all away.  

The Pros:
-No peanuts/peanut butter! This means I don't have to stress about having it in the house!
-More nutrient rich foods. Fiber, anyone?
-More fruits and veggies = necessity to eat more often AND
-The ability to eat more often. If it's fruits & veggies I've no need to feel guilty.
-Easier to stay super low calorie
-No dairy = No butter. Yesss!

The Cons:
-Almond butter is allowed and damn that stuff is good
-No oatmeal or rice cakes.  2 staples of my normal diet!
-Feel very hungry the past 2 days because I can't have my normal filling foods
-Necessary to eat more often.  I have a hard time eating at school or in front of people

So those are just a few pros and cons that I can come up with on the fly.  I'm actually really tired and ready to go to bed.  I have some random pictures to post for you guys but my phone is totally dead so I can't send them.  Boo.

Night xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment