Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Good Zumba Day

You know how it always happens when you can't find something, it appears as soon as you stop looking for it?  "It was in the last place I looked," people say.  That saying always amuses me.  Well, of course it was in the last place you look!  Once you find it you're not going to look any more!  

Anyway, today that same kind of thing happened, except it wasn't a tangible thing I was looking for.  As I may or may not have mentioned on here, Zumba was not my favorite thing on Earth the last week or two (or three.)  There was no energy in my classes.  I felt like I was being sucked dry!  I couldn't remember why I loved Zumba.  

Then the stereo system at one of my jobs broke.  That same week, at the other gym I work at, I had a Friday night class that absolutely NOBODY showed up to.  There is nothing worse than having a crappy stereo system EXCEPT having nobody show up to a class.  I was so done.  So ready to quit.  Today I spoke to the other three Zumba instructors at the gym where the stereo quit and told them, "if they don't fix this stereo system by Saturday, I'm putting in my notice!"

Naturally, as soon as I make up my mind to do that, I have 2 of the best Zumba experiences I've had in many months.  Of course!

The first one: yesterday I went to my friend R's class at the athletic club where I'm a member (and often substitute at.)  He asked me if I wanted to teach a few songs -  a common thing among Zumba instructors.  I did a new Zumba song I got called "Zaleilah."  This morning I got a message from a woman who was in the class.  She told me that she's been going through some troubles lately and that song really lifted her spirits and made her feel better at that time.  She thanked me for doing that song and asked if I taught any other classes that she might be able to attend or if I knew where she could find some African dance classes (since the song had some African moves that she enjoyed immensely.)  

When I read that, I was like, "oh yeah... this is why I do what I do!"  I was on the receiving end of that at one time.  I know what she is feeling!

The second experience: tonight's class at the gym where I was going to quit!  I had a good sized class (about 20 people.)  They were quite upbeat and smiling, reacting to me (such as answering me when I asked, "how ya doing?")  After class these 2 girls came up to me.  

"You're so good!" One of them exclaimed.  "You got some moves!"

I thanked them and talked with them for a few minutes.  One of them was at her 2nd ever Zumba class and the other was brand new!  I was her first Zumba experience!  OY!!!!! That always makes me nervous when I hear that.  LOL.  I hope she liked it!  One of them even said to me, "you're so pretty!"  I was like "WHAT did you SAY???"  

Part of me was elated at these experiences.  Another part of me was like "Noooooooo!"  I wanted say, "let me go!"  I had just made up my mind to leave...

Sorry, this entry isn't making much sense.  I'm tired and stressed (about school, not work for once!) and should probably go to bed.  But I just wanted to try to record this amazing turn of events before I forgot it all or it wore off or something.

Zaleilah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxlUL0npdAQ

My vlog update about Zumba from today (before the class): 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHX1Dp53Tk


ZUMBAAAA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment