Monday, February 11, 2013

Neuroadrenal Test Results

Sorry for the delay on this.

Any of you lovely people out there who watch my videos on YouTube (katenotkatie87), you may have seen a video up a few weeks ago where I talked about my Neuroadrenal test results.  I got a lot of people asking me about that afterward!  It was done through my Naturopath here in Portland.  I spit into these tubes 4 times in one day and peed in a cup, sent it off and got back a bunch of papers.  So you can see the numbers written out, I will post the results here:




I'm not really sure what a lot of those neurotransmitters are for.. like I have no idea what 5-HIAA even is!  But I can interpret some of it for you.  

-Glutamate:  Glutamate is the main excitatory neurotransmitter.  It's like "GOGOGOGO!!!!" GABA is the opposite, it's like "STOPSTOPSTOP!"  Basically glutamate is the green light, GABA is the red light.  Thankfully my GABA isn't low!  Or I'd be so tightly strung.. nobody would like me.  High glutamate levels, however, causes irreversible destruction of brain cells.  So that's not good.

-Taurine:  I don't really know what it's for except I think it regulate stuff.  I do know it's found naturally in seafood and meat, neither of which I eat much of.  So my taurine situation is looking pretty desperate.  Fortunately, the energy drink that I love so much have taurine.  Hey, it's a start, right? :)

-PEA:  I don't know what this stands for.  Phenylsomethingsomething.  But basically, having low PEA causes me to be a space cadet.  Brain fog, fatigue, forgetfulness.  It looks an awful lot like ADD.  My ND gave me Phenylalanine for it.  Hopefully that will help!

-Cortisol: UGH!  We all hate cortisol!  It's the stress hormone.  It causes central weight gain.  Essentially it's my worst nightmare!!!  So I've been taking N-Acetyk-L-Cysteine and CalmCP for it.  So far I think it's helping!  I haven't had a nightmare in over a week and I sleep like a log.  Yessss!!!

-Melatonin:  Well... no wonder I didn't sleep before.  Jesus Christ!!! My brain makes no melatonin basically.  10.5?  Thanks brain.  Great.  And that's WITH the supplement I take!

Interesting, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment