Tuesday, April 12, 2016

BEDA Day 12 - Preschool

My little baby girl starts pre-preschool today (meaning she's doing the toddler half-day program).  HOW CAN THIS BE???? Wasn't she just born??  Wasn't she just a tiny newborn learning how to latch on and nurse and trying to keep her eyes open????  

I don't really feel like the time has flown by, necessarily, but I feel like I'm surprised we're already here.  The nights are long but the years are short.  

Anyway, it's 7:24am now, and her school starts at 8:30 so I need to get her up soon.  I'm going to pack her little snacks into her little backpack along with extra diapers and an extra change of clothes and her favorite toy, and send her off to preschool.  What?  Crazy.

In other news, I have been having THE WORST digestive issues lately.  I say lately but really I mean like the last 4-5 months.  So I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to do an elimination diet to try and figure out what in the world is happening to me.  I'm just going to take common irritants and cut them out one by one for a week or two and see if I feel any better.  

So first is dairy.  I will not eat any dairy from now until April 19th, and then I will eat a bowl of cereal with milk on April 20th and see what happens.  Also, between now and the 19th I will monitor my symptoms and see if they improve.  If they don't, and eating cereal does nothing at all, then I will move on to another type of food (likely gluten) and see if that has any effect.

Wish me luck!  Pics of Mara's first day of preschool in tomorrow's BEDA (likely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment