Thursday, April 28, 2016

BEDA Day 28 - Getting a Little Better

Mara has been super sick the last few days.  It's bad.  Horrible cough, nose stuffed AND runny (seems impossible but let me tell you.. it's not!), fever over 100 for 3 days straight, diminished appetite and a total refusal of all medicine.  No naps and broken sleep.  

It's so awful when she's sick!  She feels miserable and there's very little I can do to help her.  She wants to nurse all the time which is fine except that she can't breathe through her nose so she keeps either unlatching to breathe or she blows boogers all over us both.  When she sneezes its like... well... let's just say there's a lot to be seen and every time a sneeze comes I'm running for the box of Kleenex.  In fact, I've started using wash cloths as snot rags for her.  Fun stuff.

Oh and she's teething.  So on top of all the snot, she's drooling like a St. Bernard.

She's been out of preschool all week.  Poor baby girl.  I really love my sweet little sickie!  She's finally down for a nap right now (first time in 3 days!) and she needs it so bad.  

To make matters worse, our coffee pot shattered the other day (maybe on Saturday or Sunday.. can't remember which) and I've ordered a new one from Amazon so it hasn't come yet.  So Corky and I are severely under-caffeinated every morning... just in time for Mara to not sleep!  If she doesn't sleep, we don't sleep.  So we're all very tired.  Lol.  The joys of parenthood.

But seriously, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Snot, drool, sleepless nights and all.  I love my girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment