Monday, April 18, 2016

BEDA Day 18 - Elimination Round 2

Okay so I tried eliminating dairy to see if it helped my stomach issues... it didn't.  So now I'm moving on to the next possible culprit: gluten.

I don't anticipate it being as difficult as dairy, once I get over the fact that I can't have bread. Most of the cereals I eat for breakfast are gluten free anyway (Special K, Cheerios, etc.) so that won't be a shock, and I don't eat a lot of baked goods.  I do eat a lot of fruit and veggies, but those won't be affected at all, and since I can now have regular milk on my  (already gluten free) cereal, I won't have an issue with it.  I was not a fan of almond milk on my cereal.  I only like it in my coffee.

Basically, I'm sick of having stomachaches ALL. THE. TIME.  I haven't been to a doctor because I don't have a doctor.  I'm in the process of finding one (mine recently retired) but I know they'd just say it's IBS and tell me to do an elimination diet.  That's what my previous doctor said, so I'm just doing it ahead of their directive.  

Dairy was a no-go, so I moved on.  Let's hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment