Tuesday, October 8, 2013

12 - Busy

As I sit here this morning.... at 10:43am... having had tea, diet soda, rice cakes, an apple and a yogurt (amounting to like 325cal and that's all I will have for a long while yet) and nowhere to be for several hours, I realize... I AM SO BUSY!!!!!!!!!

There's miles of laundry to do.  You can't even see my kitchen table.  My room looks like it experienced an F5.  Cleaning the bathroom(s) wouldn't be a bad idea.  The dishwasher needs to be loaded.  But I don't want to move!

In 12 days I will walk down an aisle in my big, expensive wedding gown, preceded by 7 of my very best friends, to be joined forever by law to the man I love.  I can't tell you I'm not stressed out.  I am, a little.  But the stress is giving way to a new feeling: anticipation!  I've waited so long for this day and now it's only 12 days away!

Not much will change for me once I'm married, except I won't have to plan a wedding any longer.  Corky and I have lived together for several years already, so we've no need to be registered anywhere.  My mom said yesterday that one thing that changed for her when she got married was the sense of permanence, but I kind of already feel as though this is pretty permanent.  So we'll see.

I think, once I'm married, the focus of questions will change from weddings to children.  I am not looking forward to that line of questioning!  :(

No Zumba today.... my body is worn out and needs a rest.  I do, however, have a nannying gig that I do every tues/thurs for my boss's 11 year old son.  He's a crack up and I enjoy spending time with him.  So that's good.  It's kind of nice to have a forced break from Zumba.  My body yells at me when I do too much (like I've been.)

No comments:

Post a Comment