Sunday, October 20, 2013

TODAY!

It's here! It's here!! My wedding day is here!!!

I get to marry Corky today.  That's happy!!!!!!  

I do not really feel nervous.  
I do not really feel stressed.
I do not really feel like much will change.

However, last night when I was going to bed, I realized that now that I'm going to be married, the whole rest of my life opens up.  Being engaged but not married yet was like a gate that was closed. I could see through it, but I couldn't get to the other side of it because it was locked.  Today, it's going to be unlocked and flung wide open!

We will be husband and wife.  Is that going to change anything about my life?  Not really.  Not immediately.  We'll come home, go to Curaçao tomorrow morning, have our honeymoon which will probably be very similar to every other tropical vacation we've taken together.  We'll come back, go back to our jobs.  Say I love you every time we leave or hang up the phone with one another.  We'll start looking for a house again (we almost bought one in Sept but that didn't happen.)  We'll be just like we are now, except I'll have a different last name: Shaw.

I do feel excited.
I do feel anxious.
I do feel eager.
I do feel very happy.

One funny thing to leave you with.  My favorite cousin, B, is in town, she's one of my bridesmaids.  Last night she came to the Zumba party at Hardcore Training Studio.  She must have laughed when she saw the address with the street name!  She came to me and said, "Kate.. how the hell did you land a job on Shaw street?"  LOL!!!!  Just another day in the life.  

XOXOXOXO

1 comment: