Monday, March 10, 2014

2 Year Zumba-versary

Thursday, March 8th, 2012.

I woke up early.  This was a big day.  I was going to Diva Den Studio to be licensed for Zumba Fitness by the illustrious Gina Grant.  The training started at 9:00am, but I knew parking could be hard to find, so I arrived about 8:30am.  This was back when I still drove my little blue Hyundai Elantra with the Crater Lake plate to match.  I can remember changing my shoes in the car and then walking up the hill to Diva Den, slowly, nervously.  I didn't know what that day would hold.  Or what the future would hold for me, regarding Zumba.

By 5:30pm I was licensed.  I know this sounds cliche but.. that changed everything.

Friday, March 8th, 2013.

I taught an 11:00am Zumba class that day and then went to NW 23rd Ave with my mom and Alena to get fitted for my wedding dress (look in March 2012 archives for the blog post about that day.)  I remember changing clothes in the Boom Fitness locker room with Alena, before getting into my mom's car to head to the dress shop.  So terrified was I that the dressmaker guy would blurt out my measurements!  Thankfully, he did not.  The fitting went fine, and 7 months and 12 days later, I was married to Corky in the dress that I was fitted for on my first Zumba-versary.  

Of course there was Zumba at the wedding.

Saturday, March 8th, 2014.

My fierce, fabulous bestie Sean spent the night.  We woke up and went to Alena's Zumba class.  Sean rocked a Lady Gaga song with Alena at the front.  LA Fitness ladies loved him.  No surprise there, everyone loves him!!  That night was a Zumba party at another gym I work at.  I had hoped it would be special, since my boss did know it was my Zumba-versary.  True to form, she didn't mention it.  How about that.  My mom came, though, because I asked her to.  Also, I told her I would take her out to breakfast that morning if she came!  I do believe she'd have come anyway, breakfast or not, but it was still nice to take her out.  The funny thing was that one of Alena's friends who I had seen at Zumba that morning was at Biscuits Cafe and took a pic of me and my mom standing there, but didn't come say hi to us.  An hour later, Alena sent me the picture taken of us unawares.  It was a hideous picture.

Highlights of the last Zumba Year:
(include but are not limited to)

-Making many new friends
-Taking over a few classes for a very well-liked instructor
-Going to the 2014 LA Zumba Conference
-Doing Zumba at my wedding
-Doing Zumba in Curacao with C
-Going to many Jam Sessions
-Subbing for a very well-known and well-liked instructor (my friend S)
-A completely hilarious choreography of mine catching on

Year Number 3... let's go! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment