Saturday, March 15, 2014

Because I Said So

**Trigger warning.**

Yesterday morning, I broke the routine that I JUST wrote about the day before.  I was hungry, like... REALLY hungry.  So I decided I would eat oatmeal before I went and taught Zumba.  This isn't an unusual food for me to eat - it's just unusual for me to eat it at that time of day.  It was around 8:05am.

Now... oatmeal is not a scary food for me.  I eat it almost every day (diet plan be damned! Lol.)  But I feel as though I'm always being such a pig.  It's disgusting!!!! I look humongous and I need to just... not.  So yesterday I decided I'd had enough.  I decided I wasn't going to eat for the rest of the day until dinnertime.

And I didn't!!!!

Sure, this is ED speaking here.  But... yeaaaahhhh buddy!  Finally.  I was so relieved to find that I still had willpower.  I can't tell you how relieved I was.  From 8:00am until 9:15pm.. all I had was coffee, diet coke and gummie vitamins (2 of them.)  It wasn't even hard!  Yes I did chew and spit for over an hour.  Expensive habit but.. I don't care.  I was also practically vibrating in my seat by the time dinner came around, but I don't care about that either.  I felt powerful.  I felt strong.  I felt in control (or controlled??)

My head is such a confusing space right now.  

Grow up vs. Stay young
Eat vs. Restrict
Periods vs. Amenorrhea
Motherhood vs. Anorexia

Essentially its this: Right vs. Wrong.

The trouble is they sometimes blur and I don't know which is which.  It also depends on whether it's ME or ED talking.  Is there even a distinction?? Sometimes I don't even know.

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate to what you've written here! Sometimes it feels like ED is part of me and that cutting him off would be like cutting off my own arm or leg. It can be hard sometimes. But if we keep seeking the truth, we will surely find it =) Someday. And then sister we will be unstoppable forces and truly understand ourselves. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete