Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Dream Of...

I dream of....
                       ..... St. Maarten.

St. Maarten is actually "Sint Maarten" which is the southern half of the island of St. Martin.  It's part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

It also has this beach, Maho Beach.  The cool thing about this beach is that it's literally FEET AWAY from the end of Runway 10 at Princess Juliana International Airport.  Airplanes on short final come soaring in right over Maho Beach, so low you can see the bolts and screws in the underbelly.  Airplanes flying in to land on Runway 10 must touch tarmac as close to the beginning as possible, because the runway is only 2,300 metres (7,545 feet) long.  Bigger planes or planes with mechanical malfunctions obviously need a lot of room to stop.  This puts huge Boeing 747s on short final, just feet above the heads of the people on Maho Beach.

Watch This Video to see airplanes landing and taking off from Runway 10 at Princess Juliana.

I would be IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!  I would stay at that beach literally all day and watch the airplanes.  The sound of their engines gives me goosebumps.  I know, I know, they pollute.  But... whatever.  Don't "harsh my mellow" (as a book I read once said).  As you all know, I love airplanes.  The bigger, the better! (That's what she said!)

1 comment:

  1. That was an awesome video!! I can see how you as a plane lover would be in heaven there, haha!! Hope you make it there one day :)

    ReplyDelete