Friday, April 10, 2015

BEDA (Day 10) - We're Moving... Again!

That's the big news around here - we're moving!  Yes, you're right, it does seem like we  just moved here.  That's because we did!  Less than a year ago, on April 19, 2014, we moved into this house and now we're moving out of it.  Probably in about a month or a month and a half.  

The plan is this: my dad, who has decided to dabble in real estate, is going to buy our house from us and rent it out.  It's a pretty desirable area and the house is big (2,082 sq ft) so it should rent well.  With the money from the sale of our house, Corky and I are going to put a down payment on a condo in an area that's much more convenient for both of us.  It's a bit smaller (about 1,500 sq ft) but still has 3 bedrooms and the layout is nice.  This will allow us to save a fair amount of money on mortgage payments.

In addition to this, Corky and I are going to manage the rental property.  My dad is also going to buy another place, either a house or a condo, and rent that out and we'll manage it as well and he'll pay us.  So it all pencils out nicely.

While it would be a stretch to say I'm looking forward to moving, it would not be a stretch to say I'm looking forward to getting out of this area!  There's nothing wrong with this area, per se, it's just pretty inconvenient in terms of commuting.  With the exception of one of my Zumba jobs.  But that's okay.  Yesterday morning it took me nearly 30 minutes to reach a highway!  In fact, it took me longer to reach the damn highway than it did for me to travel 10-12 miles ON that highway, then transfer to the interstate and go about 4 miles on there!  Ridiculous!  I came rushing into my Zumba class with ZERO time to spare.  No fun.

Aside from moving, things are going fine.  My 2nd bout of mastitis seems to be clearing fine, thanks to good old dicloxicillin.  My supply definitely took a hit, on both sides, but I'm hopeful I can get it back up again.  Fenugreek pills are my best friends when it comes to that, even though they make me smell like maple syrup! Lol.

3 comments:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well. los angeles moving companies

    ReplyDelete
  2. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. movers in padena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information. fischervanlines.com

    ReplyDelete