Sunday, April 19, 2015

BEDA (Day 19) - Astoria, OR

Last night, after Corky got off work, we loaded up the car and took off for Astoria, Oregon with Mara and the bulldogs. 

 It's about a 2 hour drive and Mara slept the whole way.  She didn't make a peep until we pulled into the load/unload zone at the hotel, at which point Jax whined and scared her awake and she screamed

So it's been an interesting night though, sharing a room with a baby and 2 bulldogs.  We ended up with a room with 2 queen sized beds, which is not too bad except Corky is a big guy and has a tendency to sleep flat on his back with all 4 limbs stretched straight out like a starfish.  So I spent the night (after pumping sitting on the bathroom floor to avoid waking the baby) all curled up basically in one corner of the bed.  

When we got into the room, I went over to the window to check out the view... but there wasn't much of one!  All I saw was a chain link fence and a railroad track.  But I heard a sound... could it be? I opened the window just to be sure.  Yes, I was hearing sea lions! "Are? Are! Are!" 

I laughed. I couldn't help it!  They just sound so ridiculous! 

Anyway Corky snored all night (and is still snoring now at 6:12 am) so I didn't sleep well.  Or much at all. Great.  I'm going to go sit on the bathroom floor and pump again because I skipped my 3am pumping session and I feel like I'm going to explode. Eek!!! Pictures and the end of our Astoria trip in tomorrow's BEDA! 

xoxo 

Houston, we have teeth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment