Saturday, April 11, 2015

BEDA (Day 11) - R.I.P

My facebook newsfeed is full of sadness and death right now.  It's terrible!  Sometimes I just want to throw my computer and phone out the window, but I can't because I need them!  I deleted my facebook app off my phone, per a suggestion from a friend, so maybe just disconnecting a little for a while will help.  It's just so depressing!

One of the saddest post (okay, actually THE saddest post) was by a friend of mine whom I know from eating disorder treatment in 2010.  I remembered she had gotten married a while ago but I hadn't seen much from her on facebook since.  Well, last night she posted some very chilling words: "We lost the baby."

That brings back extremely vivid memories of a little over a year ago when it looked like that I would miscarry the embryo that ultimately turned out to be Mara.  I remember feeling so ridiculous for being sad because this was an embryo, not a baby after all, but I was sad anyway and I can remember begging the fetus, "Please don't go."

I don't know how far along she was and I don't know why this happened.  Makes me feel incredibly lucky though.  I have no idea whether or not her eating disorder contributed to the loss of her pregnancy or not but it causes me to remember that that could have easily been me.  Regardless of the reason for her miscarriage, I am sooooooo grateful to my body for not letting Mara down.  It could have happened.  It almost did!

Here's a throwback picture of Mara and me, taken in December 2014.  She was like a week or a week and a half old in this picture.  It makes me laugh! Lol


No comments:

Post a Comment