Sunday, April 12, 2015

BEDA (Day 12) - Mimic

At this point I am starting to realize that I have to be REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY careful what I say and do!  Mara is watching me... and she is smart!  She may be only 4 1/2 months old but her little mind is like a sponge, soaking up information all the time. 

Yesterday she was acting hungry even after nursing so I mixed up a little oat cereal for her and fed it to her with a spoon.  She grabbed for the spoon in my hand so I gave it to her and went and got another one to feed her with.  But then I started watching her play with the spoon.  She would bring it down near her leg and then up to her mouth. Down to her leg and up to her mouth. 

Oh my god... I thought. She's pretending she's eating!

She's not dextrous enough with the little plastic baby spoon to make it look realistic at this point but it was clear what she was doing.  

This kid is growing rapidly and looking to me - her mom, the one she spends the most time with - for information on how to exist and operate in this world.  I definitely have my work cut out for me. No pressure or anything! 






No comments:

Post a Comment