Wednesday, April 22, 2015

We Interrupt This Program To Bring You....

Pausing BEDA for a hot second, I found this awesome article that spoke to me SO MUCH!

Read it!  Do it! 

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/having-a-baby-ruined-my-bikini-body-116668948347.html

While I do plan to (POSSIBLY) wear a bikini when I go on vacation someday, I am TOTALLY on board with the whole not viewing stretchmarks as "stripes" thing.  No, they aren't stripes that I've earned.  They're scars that I didn't want.  They're not badges of honor.  They're fucking stretch marks and they're not attractive!  (and for the record, tigers didn't earn their stripes either, they were born with the genetics to have stripes.  Just to clear that up lol.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my body for what it has done - i.e. growing a healthy, 8lb 14oz baby inside it and then pushing said baby out into the world.  That was no easy task, let me tell you, but my amazing body did it!  But that doesn't mean I like how it looks in its' entirety afterward.

But you know what?  That's OKAY!  I don't have to like it!  It doesn't mean I don't love my daughter or myself.  (Well, that 2nd one is questionable but there's no doubt I love my daughter more than anything!)  It just means that I find my stretchmarks aesthetically unappealing.  Nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment